Get a good measure of your senior loved ones’ heart health by knowing the generally recommended numbers:
1. Total cholesterol of less than or equal to 200 mg/dL
2. Fasting blood sugar of less than or equal to 100 mg/dL
3. LDL (bad) cholesterol of less than or equal to 100 mg/dL
4. HDL (good) cholesterol of at least 40 mg/dL for men and at least 50 mg/dL for women
5. Blood pressure of less than or equal to 120/80 mmHg
Talk to your loved ones’ doctors to determine how you can help keep their heart healthy.